[Samba] Error 'getpwuid(3000007) failed' is again. (Rowland penny)

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 14 21:05:21 UTC 2016

On 14/03/16 20:45, Miguel Medalha wrote:
> The default for that parameter is:
>
>     server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns

The OP is using bind, I use bind, the line was copied from one of my DCs
with 's3fs' replaced by 'smb'

> You don't have to include the line in smb.conf unless you have a
> strong reason to do it. It just works.

You don't need the line if you are using the defaults (including the
internal dns server), but you get it if you provision with bind.

> If you want to use bind instead of the internal DNS server, just
> include *the whole line* but with "-dns" (minus sign before "dns".

Not have 'dns' with the entire line is the same as having the entire
line with '-dns'

> I have samba 4.3.6 working as a member server in two machines and it
> works beautifully.

Yes, but did you provision it as a member server ??

Rowland