[Samba] TLS_CIPHER_SUITE - OpenLDAP connection

Leander Schäfer info at netocean.de
Mon Mar 14 10:54:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, Andrew. Since Samba is not the only application making use of the TLS_CIPHER_SUITE negotiation rules in ldap.conf, I would like to ensure that all of them still use the highest encryption possible. Currently I had to remove "TLS_CIPHER_SUITE" as a workarrou d in order to let Samba work wirh LDAP in TLS mode. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can apply TLS_CIPHER_SUITE in such a way that Samba LDAP connection doesn't break?

I think this is a major configuration issue and should be mentioned in the official Samba Wiki. Samba <-> LDAP Isn't working unless the varialbe  "TLS_CIPHER_SUITE" is deactivated or set propper. What do you think?

Best regards
Leander Schäfer