[Samba] Why my dir is not available ?

Pierre Couderc pierre at couderc.eu
Sat Mar 12 21:58:29 UTC 2016

On 03/12/2016 08:24 PM, Rowland penny wrote:
> On 12/03/16 18:28, Pierre Couderc wrote:

>>> Hi, can you post a bit more info, how are you running Samba ?
>>> Can you post the smb.conf files from the two machines ?
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>>

>> Thank you.
>> Yes, I can. And I will if it is useful.
>
> Yes
>
>> But will it help you to help me ?
>
> Possibly
>

>> I suppose have a correct samba configuration, as it works with many
>> customer computers (since years...).
>> Ma question 1 : Is it possible that I am wrong on this point ?
>
> Well, until we see the smb.conf, we will not know.
Thank you, please see below.

>> My question 2 :  what can make a difference between these 2 clients ?
>> There is a small difference : the "good" customer is Ubuntu, and the
>> "bad" one is debian...
>
> There shouldn't, in principal, be any difference.
>

>> Please note that I cannot send the 2 smb.conf because I have only one
>> ! It is on the server.
>> There are no smb.conf on the clients.
>
> Hang on, what are you running on the Unix clients, where do they auth
> to ?
Mmm, I run standard cifs client, mounted in /etc/fstab as described
above, and without any smb.conf.
Something like
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Mounting_samba_shares_from_a_unix_client

Server smb.conf, I have removed a few more share, but all global
parameters are here :

[global]

    workgroup = TOL

    server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
    wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
    interfaces = 127.0.0.0/8 eth0
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    syslog = 0
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = true
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    unix password sync = yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
    pam password change = yes
    map to guest = bad user
    guest account = nous
    usershare allow guests = yes