[Samba] The sad state of samba 4 adaption for home/small business routers.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Mar 12 17:42:35 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 06:31:13PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> i personally don't care what any soho-equipment manufacturer does or not, so
> it's not abut "attitude" - it's simple logic - and maybe the switch to GPLv3
> is the reason for the whole subject "The sad state of samba 4 adaption"

Utter bollocks, and I have the OEMs to prove it.
"simple logic" my foot. Go peddle your lies
elsewhere please.

The *only* vendor that dropped Samba over GPLv3
was Apple, who have religious objections to *any*
GPL software, and are busily re-writing anything
containing it. As is their right of course.

I'm not letting these slimy insinuations go
unchallenged.