[Samba] The sad state of samba 4 adaption for home/small business routers.

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sat Mar 12 11:50:50 UTC 2016

El 12/03/16 a les 12:37, Rowland penny ha escrit:

> Well yes, but these are usually a mass market product and will no doubt,
> in the fullness of time, get to use a version of Samba 4 seeing as how
> 3.6 has been EOL since March 2015.

You'd be surprised to see what old shi^H^H^H "carefully crafted with
backported fixes packages" router vendors put in their products.
In a sense I'm glad they do, since due to a samba misconfiguration on
their part I could unlock a heavily locked router ;-)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007