[Samba] mkdir-dup test flapping

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 9 05:55:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-03-08 at 20:31 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 04:11:05PM +1300, Douglas Bagnall wrote:
> > We looked at this some more, and Andrew seemed to understand and
> > wrote
> > the attached patch.
>
> Great catch you guys ! Thanks for taking a look,
> I've been busy on other stuff for the past few
> weeks.

No worries.  The background here is that the flapping tests have
started to really, really bug our team, so we have been wanting to
attack them so more of our internal builds pass, or at least fail on
the code we are changing!

We are aware of the irony of adding back one in dbcheck, but I'm
already chasing down the root cause there for a client, so that will be
fixed soon.

Other other angle is that Garming is working with Robert O'Callahan,
the upstream for Mozilla RR, to get RR working on Samba so we can
understand the cause of the 'whole test run needed to reproduce'
flapping tests.  Indeed, we had a fun afternoon in a race to see if RR
or manual log inspection could get to the cause first! :-)

Andrew Bartlett