[Samba] Sernet Samba 4.2.9 sometimes missing acl_xattr

Bjoern Baumbach bb at sernet.de
Tue Mar 8 17:14:50 UTC 2016

Dear Sascha,

On 03/08/2016 04:44 PM, Sascha Kasch wrote:
> we have a little problem with our samba server. it fails to load
> acl_xattr.so out of nothing and affects new connections as they cannot
> be established.

that's typical the issue if the running smbd version does not match the
module version on the disk. You need to restart the service manually or
set the auto-restart-on-update option in /etc/default/sernet-samba

If restarting the service by using the init-script does not help, you
can try to kill all smbd processes, make sure that all are away and
restart the service again.

Best regards,
Björn