[Samba] Samba 4.2.3, Centos 7 Linux 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64, "template homedir" appears to be ignored

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 3 21:08:19 UTC 2016

On 03/03/16 20:58, Ed Gage wrote:
> When I set "template homedir = /home/%D/%U" in sshd.conf, new logins' home
> directories are:
>
> /home/{username at domain}
>
> rather than
>
> /home/domain/username
>
> Hardcoding the domain (template homedir = /home/domain/%U) also produces
> the same result.
>
> What am I missing?

Well, I think you are missing the fact that this is the Samba mailing
list and sssd has nothing to do with Samba :-D

I suggest you try the sssd-users mailing list, your version of sssd may
have a problem that has been fixed in a later version of sssd, but they
will be able to advise you on this.

Rowland