[Samba] Samba AD/DC crashed again, third time in as many months

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Mar 3 16:37:41 UTC 2016

Best thing you can do if you need 4.3.3 ( or higher )  packages.

Add the xenial deb-src to apt.
Run : apt-get update
apt-get source samba   ( gets latest xenial sources )
apt-get build-dep samba ( get the build depends for samba )

!! skip this line for now, read on first.
apt-get source samba -b (builds packages)

if you missing one or more, repeat above again for these packages.

Use in local repo in higly recommends, this helps dependicy problems.
Marking these packages as your own to prevent mixing with original ubuntu packages.

Edit the files in .. source-package-nr/debian/changelog
For example : 2:4.3.4+custom1-lvb1
All i did here was edit, and add in the top new part.
Like :

samba (2:4.3.4+custom1-lvb1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild from Debian Sid to Debian Jessie

 -- Louis van Belle <louis at van-belle.nl>  Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:09:01 +0200

IF you mix packges from different distros version, you can get problems like memory corruption.. etc..

So this is why you need to recompile all the packages from a higher version.

And if people are thinking there is no debian 4.3.4 correct.
Get the 4.3.3 source and apply the diff 4.3.3-4.3.4 from samba.org,
and rebuild, apply the samba patch BEFORE the debian patches.

I havent succeeded to build 4.3.5 on Jessie jet, problems with socket-wrapper, and not time to look into that yet..

Greetz,

Louis