[Samba] Samba AD/DC crashed again, third time in as many months

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Mar 2 22:42:42 UTC 2016

Am 02.03.2016 um 18:52 schrieb IT Admin:
> Samba is compiled from source.
> Samba DB is stored on local RAID array.
> Changes to AD are done using ADUC from a Windows 7 box.
> AD is used for authentication, user shares (folder redirection), and shared
> folders.

Can you add
  log level = 10
to your smb.conf, empty your log directory and start Samba. It should
generate a new log, that captures all output. Then put it to cpaste.org
or some other paste service and share the link with us. Maybe we see
something interesting.

Does something changed when the problem occured the first time? Some
package updates, crashes, etc.?

Can you make sure that no kind of Samba package (daemon, libs, etc.) is
installed on the system? Maybe your selfcompiled version overwrites some
stuff and your OS installed an update, that mixes now with the self
compiled version. Just a guess.

Regards,
Marc