[Samba] Help with active directory integration

Jonathan Dotson Jonathan.Dotson at schhca.com
Wed Mar 2 18:42:52 UTC 2016

I have samba installed and joined to a Windows domain as a member server. I would like windows admins to be able to manage shares.

I have followed the docs on samba.org and I am on the last step which is to run net rpc rights grant 'SAMDOM\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U'SAMDOM\administrator'

but it fails with an access denied error.

So my question is:

1.What user account should I use instead of "administrator"?

2.Does this user need to be an admin on AD or on the local Linux server?

Thanks for the help!

Jonathan Dotson
Network Administrator
A+, Network+, CCNA

Jonathan.Dotson at schhca.com
843-705-4962   Fax: 843-705-4448

[http://www.suncityhiltonhead.mobi/suncitylogo.gif]
127 Sun City Lane, Bluffton, SC 29909
www.suncityhiltonhead.org<http://www.suncityhiltonhead.org> [http://www.suncityhiltonhead.mobi/phoneicon.gif]  843-705-4000

[http://www.suncityhiltonhead.mobi/thinkbeforeprinting.gif]

This email is intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. Any comments or opinions expressed in
this document are the opinion of the individual sender, except when specifically stated to be the views of Sun City
Hilton Head Community Association. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to the sender, forwarding
all copies of the original message and any attachment(s). Thank you.