[Samba] Remote Desktop Users Group not working??

Martin Juhl mj at casalogic.dk
Wed Mar 2 15:30:14 UTC 2016

Hi

I have setup a Samba AD and connected a Windows 7 machine to the AD...

I'm having problems getting the Remote Desktop Users group to work...

[root at bart private]# samba-tool group addmembers "Remote Desktop Users" mj
ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
Added members to group Remote Desktop Users

[root at bart private]# samba-tool group listmembers "Remote Desktop Users"
ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
mj

Still I get the

"To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right. By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users group have this right. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has this right, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have this right, you must be granted this right manually."

If I add the user to the Domain Admins group, I have no problem logging on through Remote Desktop....

I have also connected a Linux machine to the Domain through SSSD and the AD connector... And it cannot see the Remote Desktop Users group...

It seems like this is a problem with the Builtin groups???

[root at lisa shared]# id mj
uid=1141201110(mj) gid=1141200513(domain users) grupper=1141200513(domain users)

Any ideas???

Regards

Martin