[Samba] changing location for the profiles and sysvol folder

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Mar 2 13:41:48 UTC 2016

On 02/03/16 13:04, Yosel Lazaro Vera Gonzalez wrote:
> Is it possible to define a different location for the profiles and sysvol folder during the provision of samba4 ? how can I do it ?

No, You cannot do this, during the provision a smb.conf is created that
is based on how Samba was configured when compiled, no profiles share is
created and sysvol is hard coded to be in PREFIX/var/

You could compile Samba yourself and set ' --localstatedir' to wherever
you want the 'sysvol' directory to be created, but this would also
affect everything else that ends up in PREFIX/var/.

Rowland