[Samba] DNS Suddenly breaking

Garland McAlexander garland at linear.nyc
Thu Jun 30 13:41:37 UTC 2016

Hosts:

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.1.235 bus-ny-dc-01.domain.domain.com bus-ny-dc-01

Resolv:

# Generated by NetworkManager
search domain.domain.com
nameserver 192.168.1.236
nameserver 192.168.1.235

Smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM
        netbios name = BUS-NY-DC-01
        dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /dev/null

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domain.domain.com/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No