[Samba] DNS Suddenly breaking

Garland McAlexander garland at linear.nyc
Thu Jun 30 08:52:07 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I've got a newly created Samba4 domain.  I'm running into a strange issue
where my internal DNS on my first domain controller is "breaking" causing
it to not resolve any external hosts. It'll still resolve internal hosts
without issue. This is only on the first DC, the second DC is running
perfectly fine and can access external hosts without issue.

There is absolutely NOTHING in the logs about this. I cannot find where
this is going wrong, and sometimes it seems that it'll randomly fix itself.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.