[Samba] unique index violation on objectSid

Zhuchenko Valery zvn at belkam.com
Tue Jun 28 12:44:28 UTC 2016

28.06.2016 15:50, mathias dufresne:
> Here I'm thinking of two workarounds. The first one would be to list
> deleted objects RIDs, to verify RID=2002 is really the last one used,
> being sure there is no deleted object with RID=2003 and so on. Then once
> you get the last RID used, you could change RidNextRid to match this
> maximum value of used RID.
It is safe to change RidNextRid? I correctly understand that RidNextRid
should be changed on the DC, where rIDPreviousAllocationPool contains
RID of last created object?

> The second would be a lazy action: change tombstoneLifetime which is by
> default 180 days to only 1 day. Doing that tomorrow all deleted objects
> will be deleted and if you are lucky - I can't guaranty that will work -
> you will able to reuse these RIDs.
No, to only 1 day is it impossible:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd392260(v=ws.10).aspx If
the value is less than 3 days, the tombstone lifetime is 3 days.

> Hoping this helps...
And I...

Valery