[Samba] Rights issue on GPO

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jun 27 13:37:12 UTC 2016

A good howto per exampl.e

http://www.itingredients.com/how-to-disable-usb-ports-using-group-policy/

Only i did not do this as computer policy but as user policy.

In short,
1) create 2 groups:
 	USB-Allowed
	USB-Denied

2) create 2 policies objects,
	USB-Allowed
	USB-Denied

And set in the allow polices
( as shown in the link but under the user polcies )

3) add correct group to the same GPO object.  ( allowed with allowed , etc )

3) link the polcies objects in a OU where you can test and where the user is.

4) set the order of these policies to Allowed above the Denied.
	Order 123 , is applied as 3 2 1.
	1 is highest so..

This is bit like i have ...

Domain users, alle external devices are denied.
And based on group memberships :
DVD-Read
DVD-Write
USB-.. . etc etc.

And alle these are failing.
I noticed all security groups which are not "Authenticated Users" are failing.

Which is a problem for me since all my policies are group right based.

I also noticed that in my Samba 4 AD DC domain i have 4 groups in "
ForeignSecurityPrincipals  (CN=ForeignSecurityPrincipals )
S-1-5-4	( Member of : Users in CN=Buildin )
S-1-5-11	( member of : Users and Pre-windows 2000...  ) in CN=Buildin
S-1-5-17	( member of : IIS_IUSRS  ) in CN=Buildin
S-1-5-9	( member of : Windows Authorization Access Group ) in CN=Buildin

I dont see any in ForeignSecurityPrincipals on my 2008R2

Greetz,

Louis