[Samba] Where is krb5.keytab or equivalent?

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Mon Jun 27 03:27:39 UTC 2016

I am running Samba 4.1.23 as an AD/DC. It has been running file for more than 1 1/2 years as a
AD/DC for mostly Windows workstations.

I'm trying to setup Dovecot with gssapi authentication. The config needs the location of the service
keys located in the keytab file. The default location it looks for is:

/etc/krb5.keytab

There is no such file there, nor is there a so-named file on the AD/DC at all. I do find:

/etc/samba/private/secrets.keytab
/etc/samba/private/dns.keytab

Is one of these what I can use for the Dovecot required config?

THX --Mark