[Samba] Sites And Services Setup

Thomas Maerz tmaerz at brewerscience.com
Sat Jun 25 03:15:39 UTC 2016

Another old thread I’m resurrecting; apologies, but I have also been experiencing this issue. I have 10 international remote sites over very lossy WAN links. Getting traffic to them from HQ is a challenge; them trying to talk directly each other over umpteen paths is even worse. They are able to accomplish this (somewhat) because we have a mesh VPN setup with direct site-to-site connectivity, but I constantly have replication failures on almost all my S4 DC’s because of this.

As far as I can tell, S4 is ignoring disabling the “Bridge all Site Links” button. I also read Klaus’ description of the issue and it is exactly what I am seeing. S4 is an ideal use case for remote offices because you can run it on small hardware or VMWare (or both) for free vs a Server + MS license ($2k). RODC support would be nice as well because no one is editing the directory from out there!

Has there been any development on this subject? Should I file a bug?

Thomas Maerz