[Samba] Permission denied on server root for all users

mots mots at nepu.moe
Fri Jun 24 10:23:46 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've tried to set up a member server for my AD domain, but all users get "Permission Denied" when accessing the server, even without a share specified (by entering \\ika in Windows Explorer).
Samba version isĀ  4.2.10-debian on Debian Jessie.

I've mapped DOMAIN\Administrator to root, which allows the Administrator to connect to the server and set permissions.
wbinfo -g and wbinfo -u lists all the users and groups.

The smb.conf on the member looks like this:

[global]
workgroup = DOMAIN
security = ads
realm = DOMAIN.COMPANY.COM
idmap config *:backend = tdb
idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
idmap config DOMAIN:backend = ad
idmap config DOMAIN:schema_mode = rfc2307
idmap config DOMAIN:range = 20001-99999
winbind nss info = rfc2307
dns proxy = no
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m