[Samba] Unable to transfer ForestDns/DomainDNS

Jason Waters jason at geeknocity.com
Thu Jun 23 20:03:16 UTC 2016

Which a quick way of doing that would be for me to cp the /var/lib/samba
directory when samba is not running, right?  And my /etc/samba/ folder?

Since I have the distribution package it isn't all in /usr/local/samba
anymore.

What is the official way to move from windows 2003 server to samba?  I was
thinking it was this:

transfer the roles
dcpromo on the windows box
get a beer because you have one less windows server?