[Samba] Unable to transfer ForestDns/DomainDNS

Jason Waters jason at geeknocity.com
Thu Jun 23 16:49:29 UTC 2016

I did not get SUCCESS!

root at DC01:/mnt# samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://dc01 ldap://pdc dnsdomain

* Comparing [DNSDOMAIN] context...

* Objects to be compared: 188

Comparing:
'CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=fisherthompson,DC=local'
[ldap://dc01]
'CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=fisherthompson,DC=local'
[ldap://pdc]
    Attributes found only in ldap://dc01:
        fSMORoleOwner
    Difference in attribute values:
        whenChanged =>
['20160622133653.0Z']
['20160621205006.0Z']
    FAILED

Comparing:
'CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=fisherthompson,DC=local' [ldap://dc01]
'CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=fisherthompson,DC=local' [ldap://pdc]
    Attributes found only in ldap://dc01:
        distinguishedName
        cn
        objectCategory