[Samba] FSMO / ldbsearch

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:47:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

After a couple of unfortunate hardware failures and some not insignificant
amount of work to rebuild two of my DCs, I am trying to check that things
are now working correctly.

Looking at the wiki page on FSMO ownership, one suggestion is to run the
following ldbsearch command.. but this doesn't work for me.

root at dc2:~# ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,dc=org,dc=uk" -s base
fsmoroleowner
search failed - Unsupported critical extension 1.2.840.113556.1.4.1340
root at dc2:~# samba -V
Version 4.4.4

Has something changed since the wiki page was created? Or is something
broken at my end? :) I can't say I have run this command before, so I don't
know if it worked previously.

Cheers,

Jonathan

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"