[Samba] samba 4 AD and master browser

David STIEVENARD stievenard.david at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 02:20:02 UTC 2016

Hi Trenta,

I agree with Rowland, not relying on network neighborhood seems to be
not so new (at least for me).

In a company (7000+ users) I worked for in the past (in 2000), they were
using NT domains and then AD :
- users didn't choose which share they could connect to, it was
automatically mapped for them
- and as a network administrator dns resolution was the standard and
netbios was not welcomed

You might have to consider a scenario in your project where you change
to ways your users access to shares.

Be strong !! :)
DS