[Samba] Samba 4 AD member server authentication issues, domain vs. ads security

Eric Shell eshell at ucsc.edu
Wed Jun 22 18:29:32 UTC 2016

I should add that the samba.log file was logging NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS
errors when authentication attempts were failing.  Workstations in the
domains were still able to authenticate, however, and I verified that the
DNS records were still correct.  The SRV records were all in place and the
domain controllers' host names were resolving.

--
Eric Shell
UNIX Software & Google Apps Administrator