[Samba] Problem handling excel 2010 files

Dante F. B. Colò dante.colo at stwbrasil.com
Tue Jun 21 22:17:44 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I've recently migrated a file server/domain controller from a Windows 2012 Server to CentOS 7.2 with Samba 4.2.13 running on active directory role mode , everything is working fine except when handling Excel files, when you try to open a file it locks in read-only mode and there is no users accessing the file , anyway you can edit normally if you click on "Notify" option in Excel, i tried completely disable oplocks and file locking on smb.conf but it's still happens the same thing with any user in any Samba share on all client computers .I'm gonna post here my configuration if someone have any suggestion , ideas to help me address this issue i really appreciate.

[global]
workgroup = AM
realm = AM.LOCAL
netbios name = AM-PDC
server string = AM-PDC
os level = 255
dns forwarder = 172.16.1.1
syslog = 0
log level = 1
max log size = 4096
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I
debug class = yes
debug prefix timestamp = yes
strict locking = no
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/am.local/scripts
read only = no
browsable = no

[sysvol]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
read only = no
browsable = no

[Homedirs]
vfs objects = acl_xattr
store dos attributes = yes
map acl inherit = yes
browsable = no
writable = yes
path = /data/samba/homedirs

[Juridico]
vfs objects = full_audit,acl_xattr
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
full_audit:prefix = "%I|%u|%P"
full_audit:success = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:failure = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:facility = LOCAL0
full_audit:priority = NOTICE
ea support = yes
store dos attributes = yes
map acl inherit = yes
browsable = yes
writable = yes
path = /data/samba/juridico

[TI]
vfs objects = full_audit,acl_xattr
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
full_audit:prefix = "%I|%u|%P"
full_audit:success = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:failure = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:facility = LOCAL0
full_audit:priority = NOTICE
ea support = yes
store dos attributes = yes
map acl inherit = yes
browsable = yes
writable = yes
path = /data/samba/ti

[Publico]
vfs objects = full_audit,acl_xattr
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
full_audit:prefix = "%I|%u|%P"
full_audit:success = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:failure = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:facility = LOCAL0
full_audit:priority = NOTICE
ea support = yes
store dos attributes = yes
map acl inherit = yes
browsable = yes
writable = yes
path = /data/samba/publico

[AMSYSTEM]
vfs objects = full_audit,acl_xattr
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
full_audit:prefix = "%I|%u|%P"
full_audit:success = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:failure = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:facility = LOCAL0
full_audit:priority = NOTICE
ea support = yes
store dos attributes = yes
map acl inherit = yes
browsable = yes
writable = yes
path = /data/samba/amsystem

[Atualizacao]
vfs objects = full_audit,acl_xattr
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
full_audit:prefix = "%I|%u|%P"
full_audit:success = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:failure = rmdir rename unlink
full_audit:facility = LOCAL0
full_audit:priority = NOTICE
ea support = yes
store dos attributes = yes