[Samba] problem with domain and samba3x

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Jun 20 20:03:29 UTC 2016

El 20/06/16 a les 21:19, Rowland penny ha escrit:

> I think one of the problems is that nobody has logged a bug report for
> this problem, so nobody is looking in to it, another problem is that
> windows is trying to deter the use of NT4-style domains, it is my
> understanding that Win10 will not connect to one out-of-the-box. They
> could (and probably will) make the use of NT4 domains impossible at any
> time.

Meanwhile, those windows 10 workstation have no problem joining my NT
domain managed by a very old samba (I know, I know, an update is planned
but not right now), while badlock patched samba cannot[*] :-(

[*] I'm referring to the distro provided version, in this case ubuntu
14.04.4 LTS.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007