[Samba] Rights issue on GPO

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 20 19:03:21 UTC 2016

On 20/06/16 19:35, lists wrote:
> Hi Rowland, list,
>
> On 20-6-2016 20:04, Rowland penny wrote:
>> If you are using Sernet 4.4.4 packages, you must have a Sernet
>> subscription, you may get quicker help there.
> Well I'm not sure this kind of support is included, but even if it
> were, then others would not benefit from the dialogue with their
> support. :-)

Fair enough, but I would want something for my money :-D

>> I was wrong, if you are using 4.2.0 or later, you do not need to sync
>> idmap.ldb, winbindd should report the correct user/groupname.
> It does do that on all DCs, yes.
>
>> try running getfacl on the sysvol dir, you should get something like
>> this:
>>
>> root at dc1:~# getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
> ...snip
>> default:mask::rwx
>> default:other::---
>>
>> You should have two mapped users/groups and two unmapped ones.
>> Repeat on the other DCs, then open 'idmap.ldb' on each DC with ldbedit
>> and check that the unmapped ones are mapped to the same windows RIDs,
>> which should be CN=S-1-5-18 and CN=S-1-5-11
> So, they are the same on DC2 and DC3, but the xid for CN=S-1-5-18 is
> different on DC4 (DC4 is 3000024, compared to 3000300 on the DC2/DC3)
>
> Also getfacl /var/lib/samba/sysvol looks very different on DC4:
>> root at dc4:~# getfacl /var/lib/samba/sysvol/
>> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
>> # file: var/lib/samba/sysvol/
>> # owner: root
>> # group: BUILTIN\134administrators
>> user::rwx
>> user:root:rwx
>> user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> user:3000009:r-x
>> user:OURDOMAIN\134proxmox$:rwx
>> group::rwx
>> group:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
>> group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> group:3000009:r-x
>> group:OURDOMAIN\134proxmox$:rwx
>> mask::rwx
>> other::---
>> default:user::rwx
>> default:user:root:rwx
>> default:user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> default:user:3000009:r-x
>> default:user:OURDOMAIN\134proxmox$:rwx
>> default:group::---
>> default:group:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
>> default:group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> default:group:3000009:r-x
>> default:group:OURDOMAIN\134proxmox$:rwx
>> default:mask::rwx
>> default:other::---
>
> So the 'unmapped group' 3000300 has become a domain group.
>
> I'm guessing that we need to solve this. Could you tell me how?
>
>> If they are all the same, no problem, if not, then we will come to that
>> if we have to :-)
> Well, then if you would be so kind...? ;-)
>
> Thanks very much Rowland!
>
> MJ

OK, I take it that 3000009 points to CN=S-1-5-11 and it is just
CN=S-1-5-18 that is wrong by pointing at proxmox$ (which incidentally,
is one of your computers)
Try backing up idmap.ldb, then open idmap.ldb in ldbedit, find and
delete the stanza that holds CN=S-1-5-18, it will look like this:

dn: CN=S-1-5-18
cn: S-1-5-18
objectClass: sidMap
objectSid: S-1-5-18
type: ID_TYPE_BOTH
xidNumber: 3000002   # NOTE: your number will be different!
distinguishedName: CN=S-1-5-18

Just delete it and then close & save your editor, run 'net cache flush'
and then let Samba recreate the record.

Rowland