[Samba] samba 4 AD and master browser

Trenta sis trenta.sis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:14:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm migrating samba 3 nt domain (openldap + samba) to samba 4 AD, and we
detected taht one of features, master browser is not working in samba 4 AD.
I have searched some info and I have found:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ
"
Why is Network Neighbourhood empty or does not show all machines in an
Samba AD environment?

The master browser code in smbd does not collect names because the netbios
server in the AD DC does not have the browsing code in it. We would like to
add that, but it just is a matter of a developer finding it to be a
personal (or employer) priority. (Sadly on the AD DC, there isn't spare
developer time just floating around).

"

and

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/ActiveDirectory#Browsing_.28Domain_Master_Browser.29

It seem that is not available in samba 4? I need this feature how can I
recover this feature in samba 4 if we are evaluating to migrate from samba
3 nt domain?

Thanks