[Samba] Cant access AD shares with FQDN

Simon Kelsall simonk at stjamesthegreat.org
Mon Jun 20 11:09:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

I can access our server with

\\10.0.0.25
\\lampadas
\\lampadas.stjamesthegreat.org

All three ways will show me a list of shares.

The first two will allow me to access the shares but the last fully
qualified domain name results in

"\\lampadas.stjamesthegreat.org\WPKG is not accessible. You might not
have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The parameter is incorrect."

Any ideas where I should be looking to solve this ?

Thanks in advance

--
Simon Kelsall
Network Administrator