[Samba] can't connect ldapsearch with samba 4

Trenta sis trenta.sis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:20:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate samba 3 NT domain to samba 4 AD, we have migrated
data and it seems correct, but now we need to connect with ldapsearch but
always receive errors like
ldap_bind: Strong(er) authentication required (8)
        additional info: BindSimple: Transport encryption required.

command used is
 /usr/bin/ldapsearch -H ldap://server  -x -LLL -z 0 -D
"uid=user,ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com" -w "pwd" -b "ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com"

I have tested authentication with ssl from an external application and work
OK and seems correctly configured

I have tried to run ldapsearch with ssl and without but always receive
errors. Using ldapadmin client I can connect with gssapi with port 389, but
with ldapsearch I can't work...

how can I query samba 4 AD ldap with ldapsearch?

Thanks