[Samba] AD authentication on samba server using sssd

shridhar shetty shridhar.sanjeeva at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 16:15:10 UTC 2016

I got samba to work with sssd finally. :)
Wanted to share so that it could help someone with debugging.

I was trying to access the fileserver using IP address which was failing.
It worked when using hostname to connect to the fileserver.

Short explanation
* When accessing samba fileserver using hostname, kerberos authentication
kicks in, which works fine as expected.
* But when accessing samba fileserver using ip address, kerberos
authentication fails and falls back to NTLM. (NTLM is not supported in SSSD
yet)

Thanks