[Samba] weird error rights in folders

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 15 20:46:03 UTC 2016

On 15/06/16 20:55, Gabriel O. Franca wrote:
> Hello rowland,
>
> follow the informations:
>
> 1) ./configure --prefix=/opt/samba --enable-selftest --enable-debug
>
> 2) samba-tool domain provision --domain=CMC --adminpass=Mudar2016
> --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ --server-role=dc --use-rfc2307 --realm=CMC.CORP
>
> 3) I created a script to start this as described in the manual Samba4
>

> [global]
>         netbios name = SAMBA
>         realm = CMC.CORP
>         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
> drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
>         workgroup = CMC
>         server role = active directory domain controller
>         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
>         vfs objects = recycle catia fruit streams_xattr acl_xattr
>         map acl inherit = Yes
>         store dos attributes = Yes
>         fruit:enconding = native
>         recycle:keeptree = yes
>         recycle:versions = yes
>         recycle:repository = /dados/trash/%U
>         recycle:exclude = *.tmp, *.log, *.obj, ~*.*, *.bak, *.iso
>         recycle:exclude_dir = tmp, cache
>

> [netlogon]
>         path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/cmc/scripts
>         read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>         path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>         read only = No
>
> [home]
>         path = /dados/users
>         read only = No
>         comment = pasta dos usuários para redirecionamento
>
> [publico]
>         comment = Publico
>         path = /dados/samba
>         read only = No
>
> [dpto]
>         comment = Pasta Departamental
>         path = /dados/samba
>         read only = No
>
> [share]
>         comment = Pasta Compartilhada
>         path = /dados/share
>         read only = No
>
> [isos]
>         comment = Isos
>         path = /dados/samba/PROGRAMASPADRAO/Isos
>
> Atenciosamente,
>
> Gabriel Franca

So, if I understand it correctly, you compiled Samba and then installed
it over the old Samba, is this correct ?

The only problem with that, I thought Sernet installed a lot of its
packages into /var/lib/samba and other packages elsewhere.

If all your original packages were in /opt/samba, then I suggest you
temporarily turn off these lines:

          vfs objects = recycle catia fruit streams_xattr acl_xattr
         map acl inherit = Yes
         store dos attributes = Yes
         fruit:enconding = native
         recycle:keeptree = yes
         recycle:versions = yes
         recycle:repository = /dados/trash/%U
         recycle:exclude = *.tmp, *.log, *.obj, ~*.*, *.bak, *.iso
         recycle:exclude_dir = tmp, cache

You do not need:

vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = Yes