[Samba] Samba4 Domain Member Server "Getent show diferents UID"

Juan Ignacio juan.ignacio.pazos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:55:44 UTC 2016

The UID of the users in the command output: "getent passwd" remain
different in the member server.
I give to the user uanaco a gid and a uid throw RSAT.

root at memberserver:/usr/local/samba/etc# getent passwd | less
uanaco:*:100642:100008:uanaco:/home/ADSERVER/uanaco:/bin/false

There is a service besides winbindd need to be running on the member server?

I'm currently running all manually, "nmbd, smbd, samba, winbindd"
The startup script here I did not work properly on Debian.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/InitScript

How can we verify that the AD Domain Controller is using the RFC2307
attribute correctly?

How can we verify that the Member server is using the RFC2307 attribute and
receiving data?

I remember seeing configured correctly and from windows UIDs can be added
without problem, so I think the ADDC is doing its job well.

Thanks