[Samba] [samba] ldapsearch & GSSAPI => Server not found in Kerberos database

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:20:19 UTC 2016

Solved  : )

Reminder of the issue:
Every services (CIFS, Kerberos, LDAP, DNS, RPC) on one DC were working well
and ldapsearch using DN and password were also working.
The only thing which was not working was ldapsearch using GSSAPI
authentication with the following error:
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
        additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Server
not found in Kerberos database)

This issue was happening only from one client, some Debian Jessie (8), it
wasn't happening on DC which all run Centos7.

The reason was simple: no reverse DNS configured for that DC.

The solution for us was to add this missing reverse DNS entry but it should
be possible to configure client to avoid using reverse DNS.

As for now I'm facing issue to delete reverse DNS entries (I'll describe
that in another mail as it's another topic) I can't perform test to make it
work without that reverse DNS entry set up.