[Samba] Fwd: Re: Problem with Samba4 DB

bentunx bentunx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:14:39 UTC 2016

hi mathias

let me confirm your statement
so.. you think if we demote those 2 DC server that already offline, the
DNS will be running well
well if this is one of option we have, i will consider to upgrade our
FSMO DC from samba 4.1.X  to 4.4.x , by the way, are there any
consideration if we update samba directly from 4.1 to 4.4 ?

let me answer some of your question
*1 - what command are you launching to update your DNS? What are error
messages?*
*2 - what are the DNS names of new entry which refuse to be added? Same
question for the two DC your colleague removed from AD?*
/# samba-tool dns add pdc domain.co.id milis A 172.16.99.49//
//Password for [administrator at domain.CO.ID]://
//ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (1383, 'WERR_INTERNAL_DB_ERROR')//
//  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 175, in _run//
//    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)//
//  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dns.py",
line 1067, in run//
//    0, server, zone, name, add_rec_buf, None)/

*3 - what version of Samba are you running?* 4.1 >> New versions include
a command switch to remove DC from AD database from another DC. In
others words you could cleanup database from old DC entries.
     yes i will try this,

*4 - what gives the following commands? And what are DNS name and IP  of
your FSMO owner?*
/DNS : pdc.domain.co.id //
//InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=PDC,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=co,DC=id//
//RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=PDC,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=co,DC=id//
//PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=PDC,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=co,DC=id//
//DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=PDC,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=co,DC=id//
//SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=PDC,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=co,DC=id//
/
TIA
Zhia