[Samba] since i added second DC i have some trouble

J. Echter j.echter at echter-kuechen-elektro.de
Tue Jun 14 17:24:23 UTC 2016

Am 14.06.2016 um 19:16 schrieb Rowland penny:
> On 14/06/16 17:38, J. Echter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i provisioned a domain and all went well, until i added the second dc....
>>
>> for example:
>>
>> the new DC2 tells me:
>>
>> getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>>
>> # file: usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>> # owner: root
>> # group: BUILTIN\134administrators
>> user::rwx
>> user:root:rwx
>> user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> user:BUILTIN\134users:r-x
>> user:ELEMAY\134guest:rwx
>> user:ELEMAY\134domain\040guests:r-x
>> group::rwx
>> group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> group:BUILTIN\134users:r-x
>> group:ELEMAY\134guest:rwx
>> group:ELEMAY\134domain\040guests:r-x
>> mask::rwx
>> other::---
>> default:user::rwx
>> default:user:root:rwx
>> default:user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> default:user:BUILTIN\134users:r-x
>> default:user:ELEMAY\134guest:rwx
>> default:user:ELEMAY\134domain\040guests:r-x
>> default:group::---
>> default:group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> default:group:BUILTIN\134users:r-x
>> default:group:ELEMAY\134guest:rwx
>> default:group:ELEMAY\134domain\040guests:r-x
>> default:mask::rwx
>> default:other::---
>>

>> the old DC1 tells me:
>>
>> # file: usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>> # owner: root
>> # group: BUILTIN\134administrators
>> user::rwx
>> user:root:rwx
>> user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> user:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
>> user:3000002:rwx
>> user:3000003:r-x
>> group::rwx
>> group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> group:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
>> group:3000002:rwx
>> group:3000003:r-x
>> mask::rwx
>> other::---
>> default:user::rwx
>> default:user:root:rwx
>> default:user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> default:user:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
>> default:user:3000002:rwx
>> default:user:3000003:r-x
>> default:group::---
>> default:group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
>> default:group:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
>> default:group:3000002:rwx
>> default:group:3000003:r-x
>> default:mask::rwx
>> default:other::---
>>
>> smb.conf is identical:
>>
>> DC2:
>>
>> testparm
>> Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
>> rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
>> Processing section "[netlogon]"
>> Processing section "[sysvol]"
>> Loaded services file OK.
>> Server role: ROLE_ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DC

> [...]

Hi,

i recognized that some other people may have the same situation :) But i
already posted...

So my problem was that i cant add gpo rules to my computers/users,
windows (gpupdate) told me that gpt.ini couldn't be read on one of the
servers.

I checked everything i know, and that is not much, and came to the
conclusion that the problem must be the wrong ACL's on my sysvol.

I have setup a rsync sysvol replication from DC1 -> DC2.

I read here that sharing files is a 'no go', but i do share files on
DC1. My profiles. I will move them to a NAS later on...

Does the above problem cause the issue i mentioned?

Or do i follow the totally wrong way?

I would appreciate some enlightenment :D

Any information you need i will provide happily :)

Thanks.