[Samba] Samba4 Domain Member Server "Getent show diferents UID"

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 14 16:50:17 UTC 2016

On 14/06/16 17:32, Juan Ignacio wrote:
> Rowland, a question.
>

> "is to copy idmap.ldap from the first DC to all others and then keep
> them in sync, the other is to use RFC2307 attributes."
>
> I can do the same with my member server? Maybe it works, or not for
> beign a member server.
>
> Maybe i can change my Member Server to a Domain Controller and after
> use idmap, sync.
>
> Its ok?
>
> Analista Inf.
> Juan Ignacio Pazos
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/juan-ignacio-pazos-lorenzo/19/9b9/26a>

If you want to have the same UIDs & GIDs everywhere, the only option is
to use RFC2307 attributes and the winbind 'ad' backend on Unix domain
members (note: a 'member server' is just a domain member that serves
files, printers etc)
You only need to give your users & groups a uidNumber or gidNumber
attribute, there is no need to give the BUILTIN users & groups a
uidNumber or gidNumber.

Rowland