[Samba] Samba 4 Member server show diferent UID than Ad Server

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 14 15:21:13 UTC 2016

On 14/06/16 15:52, Juan Ignacio wrote:
> I like the idea.
>
> - synchronize private/idmap.ldb across your DC at least (they all host
> Sysvol, sysvol is rsynced, here you can have issues with UID/GID). Members
> servers seem to not have that file.

idmap.ldb is only used on a Samba 4 AD DC, but the contents can be and
and very often are different on each DC.

> But in my Domain Controler I do not find this file.
>
> I found the file in the AD DC.

I don't quite understand this, you have a domain controller that doesn't
have an idmap.ldb file, is this a windows domain controller ?

The idmap.ldb file you found, was this on a secondary AD DC ?

> There any way to avoid adding UID users, or impossible without doing this.
> They are as 300 users.

On a domain member, yes.
On a Samba AD DC, yes
There is a problem however, your users on the DC would get a different
UID compared to the domain member. the same goes for groups.

Rowland