[Samba] Samba 4.2.10 FS not operational with Samba 4.2.10 DC

Mgr. Peter Tuharsky tuharsky at misbb.sk
Tue Jun 14 10:07:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm still trying to overcome the april security patches.

I have set up testing environment with everything Samba 4.2.10:
-client
-fileserver
-NT4-style DC with OpenLDAP backend.

I must make this work in order to figure out the upgrade path to Samba
AD. However, connecting from client to the FS fails because FS is unable
to perform user password check.
I even try to rejoin the FS to domain to no avail - I get weird
NT_STATUS_NO_USER_SESSION_KEY error.

Strangely enough, connecting client directly to DC's NETLOGON folder
works fine, that means, that username/password is being resolved well
between Samba DC and OpenLDAP. It seems that the whole problem is
between FS and DC.

Please, is there anybody who has NT4-style Samba 4 DC running and not
ruined with april security patches? What I must do in order to make it work?

Peter