[Samba] Fwd: Re: Problem with Samba4 DB

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:36:43 UTC 2016

Oki Doki. First the fact you can't add new DNS entry in your DNS zones is
not a blocking point to remove a DC. It's a blcoking point to add new
entries. Now you are the one deciding if you would remove it or not, but
seriously, for me that's not a reason to keep up it running: you can
replace it by another DC which will do exactly the same job and if you are
lucky enough you would be able to add new DNS entries again.

Anyway, several questions now:
1 - what command are you launching to update your DNS? What are error
messages?
2 - what are the DNS names of new entry which refuse to be added? Same
question for the two DC your colleague removed from AD?
3 - what version of Samba are you running? New versions include a command
switch to remove DC from AD database from another DC. In others words you
could cleanup database from old DC entries.
4 - what gives the following commands? And what are DNS name and IP  of
your FSMO owner?
samba-tool dns query dc200 AD.DOMAIN.TLD AD.DOMAIN.TLD SOA
samba-tool dns query dc200 _msdcs.AD.DOMAIN.TLD _msdcs.AD.DOMAIN.TLD SOA