[Samba] Changing default UID/GID beginning for AD

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 13 07:46:36 UTC 2016

On 13/06/16 08:22, Daniel Thielking wrote:
> That already works and we use RFC2307. We also create user account
> with ADUC. But every time we create a user with ADUC we have to change
> the attribute /bin/sh to /bin/tcsh because /bin/sh seems to be the
> default value for this attribute.  I want to know how to change this
> default value to /bin/tcsh so that we don't need to change it every
> time when we create new users via ADUC.

OK, I think you are going to have to ask Microsoft about that, it seems
to be hard coded in the ADUC code.

Your options appear to be:

Use ADUC and change the shell every time you add Unix attributes to a
user (note: the latest ADUC doesn't have the Unix attributes tabs)
Use a script on windows to create your users.
Use samba-tool on the Samba4 AD DC to create users.

Rowland