[Samba] Changing default UID/GID beginning for AD

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 13 07:07:20 UTC 2016

On 13/06/16 07:27, Daniel Thielking wrote:
> Yes of course. We use Samba4 ADDC with winbind to get unix attributes
> from the DC to the clients. But every time we creating a new member in
> the AD we have to change the default shell what is /bin/sh to
> /bin/tcsh. So we want to change the default value of the field in the
> AD that we don't have to change it every time.
>
> The users logging in on a unix domain member. No login on DC themselves.
>
> Samba Version is 4.4.4 compiled from source no extra options chosen.

OK, if you are logging into a domain member, then you need to use
RFC2307 attributes, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member

I take it you are creating the users with ADUC, if you use samba-tool on
the DC, you can add the required attributes when you create a new user,
type 'samba-tool user create --help' in a terminal on the DC for more info.

Rowland