[Samba] Rights issue on GPO

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:34:17 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Here is our smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = AD
        realm = AD.DOMAIN.TLD
        netbios name = DC200

        server services = -dns
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

        #kccsrv:samba_kcc=true
        acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
        winbind nss info = rfc2307

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/ad.domain.tld/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No

That's the same on all DC.

We synchronize sysvol directory using rsync with the following command:
rsync -XAavz --delete-after
--password-file=/var/lib/samba/private/rsync_client.secret
rsync://sysvol-replication@dc200/SysVol/ /var/lib/samba/sysvol/

And we get issue with Linux ACLs: they are not the same because some
BUILTIN users and/or groups do not have same id mapping on all DC.

How to force all DC to get same id mapping?

Using "acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes", are Linux ACLs still important
or are we supposed to use Windows ACLs only into stored into some Samba
file? In that case, which file(s)?

Cheers,

mathias