[Samba] Samba AD member lost domain join after reboot

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 7 14:05:50 UTC 2016

On 07/06/16 14:44, Alexis RIES wrote:
> I put the usermapping but this does not solve the problem.
>
> I do not use libpam_winbind and libpam-krb5 because I did not need to
> log in server using domain accounts, it seems to me that this is not
> mandatory, you confirm ?

This could well be your problem, try installing them. My domain member
works and this seems to be the only difference between my domain member
and yours.

> Here are the permissions of the file /etc/krb5.keytab:
> root at smb1:/home/adminlocal# ls -l /etc/krb5.keytab
> -rw------- 1 root root 2312 Jun  7 14:44 /etc/krb5.keytab

That again is the same as my domain member

> Avahi is not installed on this server
>
> For information, when I run "wbinfo -P", I have this result:
> SMB1 root @: / home / adminlocal # wbinfo -P
> checking the NETLOGON for domain [SAMDOM] dc connection to "" failed
> wbcPingDc2 (SAMDOM): error code Was NT_STATUS_USER_SESSION_DELETED
> (0xc0000203)

This works for me:

root at debnet:/home/rowland/ # wbinfo -P
checking the NETLOGON dc connection to "dc1.samdom.example.com" succeeded

Rowland