[Samba] office 365

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:53:37 UTC 2016

We had set Office 365 to use single sign on at my last place of work.
Microsoft uses a significant part of what is built into IIS on Windows
Servers. I don't see this as being possible any time soon. I could be wrong
for all I know someone may have developed a simple set of apache/nginx
plugin/scripting/page_layout to handle the authentication but I have not
seen it. A little bit about it: Microsoft redirected authentication to ssl
on your server that somehow let Microsoft servers know that your site
trusted that authentication(maybe a cookie). Luckily lots of stuff broke to
show me what was happening with it. Sometimes people on the vpn could not
get in other times people outside the local network could not get in. The
breaking actually helped me understand a little more about what was going
on and if it was an internal or external issue. Testing with multiple
browsers helped trouble shoot this as well. So someone that has Microsoft
servers if they spent the time could develop apache/nginx pages to imitate
the behavior needed by Office 365 as far as I know they don't exist yet.