[Samba] smbpasswd stops working post-upgrade

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:13:35 UTC 2016

"cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and the server doesn't support it"

Should mean that your Samba is too old for your clients.

See badlocks bug to better view of your issue.

See man smb.conf looking for "sign" into it.
I believe - but I'm not sure - that the option you are looking for are:
        client ldap sasl wrapping = sign
        client use spnego = yes
to be set on server side.

And you could face to the need to get a newer Samba version as the bug is
recent, as its solution, and neither your samba nor your redhat are recent.

Sometimes upgrades are required ;)