[Samba] samba 4 getent,wbinfo,ssh login and unix attributes

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 2 07:38:12 UTC 2016

On 01/06/16 22:43, Maxnux wrote:
> hello list
> I have a ubuntu server 14.04 I made the upgrade with classicupgrade of
> my old server 9.04, the server is working well and the information and
> users successfully exported, also need users to the AD can be to log
> ssh, i configure winbind in nsswitch, the user and password is acepted
> but the connection is closed.
> unix the attributes are configured correctlyin unix attribute,
> Eg: "test user" login shell = / bin / bash, home directory = / home /
> test
> but when I run wbinfo -i test
> GRUPORESASCO \ test: *: 100886: 513: test: / home / DOMINIO / test: /
> bin / false
> the unix attributes are different
> The same test getent passwd
> GRUPORESASCO \ test: *: 100886: 513: test: / home / DOMINIO/ test: /
> bin / false
> and /bin/false shell, does not allow ssh login
>
> what am I doing wrong ?

If this is on a DC, then you are missing the template lines:

template shell = /bin/bash
template homedir = /home/%U

Those are examples and can be tweaked with whatever settings you require.
On the DC, winbindd only obtains the 'uidNumber' & 'gidNumber'
attributes, all other RFC2307 attributes are ignored, this is one of the
reasons why it is not recommended to use the DC as a fileserver.

Rowland