[Samba] Samba on AIX - Active directory

Craig cgreen at ultradata.com.au
Thu Jun 2 01:02:28 UTC 2016

Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:

> Am 01.06.2016 um 15:58 schrieb Rob Lee:
> > We have 4ge programs running on AIX. The output files from these
programs need to be read from Windows

https://www-01.ibm.com/marketing/iwm/iwm/web/reg/pick.do?source=aixbp&lang=en_US

> >> You need an IBM ID for that site, so this is for IBM customers only I
> >> guess. What version does IBM provide there?

Interesting that you don't consider AIX a "proper OS".
Putting difference of opinions aside re this.
Numerous company's do not have Client Services for NFS installed on any
Windows 7 or later workstations or servers. So cannot use NFS shares. Their
company policy does not allow it. No need to go into why that is. We have to
work around this.
Samba is a good solution. Nothing has to be installed on windows
workstations/servers.
Rob have you been able to download the samba release from the IBM site?