[Samba] Problems with OS X 10.11.5

Seth Goldin sethgoldin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 02:08:40 UTC 2016

I'm actually seeing from the Apple Support Communities thread that this
might all be due to the fact that OS X 10.11.5 clients are requiring SMB
signing. Curiously, I noticed that my SMB4.conf file on my FreeBSD server
didn't even possess a `client signing` flag. Might all this be resolved if
I just add a `client signing = auto` flag for the server's SMB4.conf file,
so that the OS X client is talking properly to the server?

Thanks,
Seth Goldin